Friday 18 December 2015

New York Marathon (TACXtours virtual cycle race)

As part of my winter training I have joined TACX tours. It is an indoor online  race series for the TACX brand of turbo-trainers. The photo shows my training cave as it is at the moment although I am planning to get a new shed for my bike stuff.

Tuesday nights are Marathon Course nights and this week it was the New York marathon course. There were over 60 people from around a dozen countries racing on two servers. I had a fantastically close finish with a guy called Aldo. He chased me down with about 2k to go but I go him back in the last 500m.

c
Training cave


I managed to average 300w for over an hour. My FTP (functional threshold power) was 290w but this run puts it up to 301w according to the Training Peaks software.

Results
Strava trace

No comments:

Post a Comment