Friday 19 February 2016

Training/leisure ride to Bolton Abbey

I won't be blogging about training rides in general but as this was my first Century (all be it metric) ride of the year I've succumbed to the temptation.

Panaromic view of Ogden Moor
The plan was for cake in Skipton going vis Ogden Moor, Oxenhope and Keighley. As you can see the weather was beautifully clear but very frosty. The frost on the roads on the tops was a bit scary but it turned out that it wasn't slippery at all.
Stanbury with Top Withens to the left of the village
Warley Moor Resevoir
When I got to Skipton for the compulsory cake stop at the 3 Sheep Cafe I realised that I had done 42km and with a bit of route stretching I could manage 100km so instead of turning straight around I carried on to Bolton Abbey and came back via Addingham. I thought that would be enough but when I got to Crossroads I found that I would need to do Cock Hill and come back up the Calder Valley.








I was tired by this point but I carried on and ihe ride was worth it, my first 100kmer of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment